Emergency room medical billing can be complex and that is why the assistance of experienced professionals in this job is advisable. Emergency care and services may be provided by cardiologists, respiratory therapists, radiologists, physician specialty consultants, or the hospital facility itself.
An experienced HIPAA-compliant company, Outsource Strategies International (OSI) offers value-added support to ER medical personnel with efficient and affordable medical billing services.
We work 24 X 7 on demand. To find out how our services can help your practice, call us at 1-800-670-2809.
Medical Billing Services
When it comes to handling ER services, constraining to a specific area is out of the question. Knowledge in coding of almost all specialties is essential as the condition can be fluctuating for an ER patient. Our team of AAPC-certified coders is well-versed in coding for a range of specialties.
- Hospital/inpatient coding
- Payer specific coding
- CPT, ICD-9-CM, & APC coding for emergency room services
- Hospital coding protocols
- Backlog coding resolution services
- Ongoing emergency medicine coding
- Medical coding audits
- Temporary emergency medicine coding services for vacation or sick leave coverage
- Hospital nursing staff documentation training
- Physician documentation training
- Physician group documentation deficiency reporting
- Compliance reviews
We can meet the demands of ICD-10 coding.
Our Systematic Cycle of Processing
Patient enrollment: We collect the necessary documents from your practice and enter the patient’s demographic particulars such as name, date of birth, address, sex and other details into the system.
Insurance verification and authorization: We check for patient coverage benefits to make sure of eligibility.
Audit and claim submission: Our charge team generates a charge based on the rules of particular carriers and locations. Our audit team checks for the accuracy of claims based on carrier needs.
Payment posting: We apply the payments into the software against the correct patient account. Over/ low payments are noted and the required refund requests or appeals are created and forwarded to analysts for additional action.
AR collection and analysis: Our AR analysts take necessary action to obtain the outstanding Accounts Receivable payments from insurers as well as patients.
Why Choose OSI?
- No long-term yearly contracts
- Customized process for your specialty
- Comprehensive solutions from patient enrollment to AR collection
- Regular QA checking
- Operational cost savings of 30-40%
- HIPAA-compliant services
- Experienced team of qualified coders and specialists that can ensure error-free claim submission
- Weekly/ month-end reports as per your needs
- Can provide solutions on your software or advanced software such as Medic, IDX, Next Gen, Medisoft, Lytec, Practice Admin and more
Make use of our free trial to experience how our emergency room medical billing services can help improve your practice revenue.