Outsource Strategies International (OSI) understands the importance of accurate medical coding and documentation when it comes to claim reimbursement. We are extremely sensitive about the regulations that affect the medical industry. That’s why we take care to provide medical coding meeting all HIPAA (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) regulations.
Medical Coding Services
Our medical coding services are based on AMA (American Medical Association) and CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) guidelines. Our experienced medical coders are certified by the AAPC (American Association of Professional Coders) and offer state-of-the-art procedural and diagnostic coding services for all major medical specialties. They keep themselves updated on the changes in the CPT and ICD-9 codes, as well as the new codes introduced from time to time.
Our Services Cover
- Hospital / in-patient coding
- Emergency room e-code evaluation
- Medical coding audits
- DRG/ICD-9-CM coding validations
- CPT medical coding
- ASC’s – Ambulatory Surgical Centers Coding
- ICD-9 coding based on AMA and CMS guidelines
We are fully HIPAA compliant and follow all protocols to protect the confidentiality of medical records. We have a zero tolerance policy for any breach of confidentiality. Records are kept secure and all appropriate laws are observed for handling the release of information. All medical coding work is done at our office and we do not have any sub-contractors, so all information regarding the patient will be secure within our office premises. Our medical coding company has managerial procedures in place to guard data integrity, patient confidentiality, and document availability (Information Access Control and Access Authorization).
Our HIPAA Regulation Protocols
- All external drives including floppy disk drives are disabled on each computer
- No individual is allowed to bring in any floppies, electronic devices including laptops, PDA
- Thorough checking is done on each and every employee who enters and leaves the premises
- Random checking is done on a regular basis
- All our computers are password protected
- Firewalls and antivirus software are installed in all computers, and we update virus definitions daily
- Any spoiled hard copies of notes and copies of patient information are shredded on site
- Monthly backups of computer systems will be done and stored in a locked outbuilding on our property. All lockers used for storage is password protected
- Smoke alarm and fire extinguisher are provided within our office premises
- We follow 256 bit AES encryption method for all transferred files
- Our entire workforce is trained on privacy, security, and confidentiality. We strive to meet and exceed HIPAA regulations on all matters
Before making a decision, take your time to evaluate our service quality by taking advantage of our Free Trial offer.
With our outsourced medical coding services, you can save 30% to 40% of your operational costs. For detailed information on our HIPAA compliant medical coding services, please feel free to contact us on phone at 1-800-670-2809