Pathology Medical Coding
To ensure maximum reimbursement for the consultation and treatment services provided by pathologists, accurate coding is indispensable. You cannot afford to make mistakes in coding, since it can result in claim denials and non-payment to the doctor. It is therefore advisable to select a medical coding company experienced in handling the complexities involved in medical coding.
Outsource Strategies International (OSI) can help streamline your pathology medical coding procedures efficiently. Our services are provided to pathologists, physicians and pathology groups nationwide. Our medical coding services are available for sub specialties including: Histopathology, Cytopathology, Immunology, Molecular biology, Anatomic pathology, Clinical pathology, Parasitology, Psychopathology, and General pathological science.
Medical Coding Services
- Ongoing coding services
- Temporary coding coverage
- Backlog coding resolution services
- Hospital / in-patient coding
- Emergency room e-code evaluation
- Medical coding audits
- DRG/ICD-9-CM coding validations
- CPT coding
- ASC’s – Ambulatory Surgical Centers Coding
- ICD-9 coding based on AMA and CMS guidelines
Pathology Codingfrom Experts
Pathology medical coding is done utilizing advanced coding software such as EncoderPro, Flashcode and CodeLink, and the latest medical coding books. Our team identifies the various treatment procedures provided and assigns the correct ICD-9-CM and CPT codes for each service. The AAPC certified coding team checks the compatibility of ICD and CPT codes mentioned in the documentation and ensures that no data is missing or ambiguous. If there is discrepancy, the right information is identified and it is tasked back to the respective physician/client for review. We provide coding services for medical claims of all major health insurance companies such as Medicare, Medicaid, GHI, Oxford, Aetna, Hip, United, BCBS, EMI, Humana, and others.
- Both anatomic and surgical pathology coding
- Regular QA checking and readily available reports
- Regular feedback on your documentation and coding changes
- Competitive pricing with savings up to 30 to 40% lower than market rates
If you have a specific question about our pathology medical coding services, call us toll free at 1-800-670-2809. We also offer a FREE TRIAL option.