Podiatry or podiatric medicine involves the diagnosis, medical and surgical treatment of disorders of the foot, ankle and lower extremity. Podiatry medical billing can be complex with the heavy use of modifiers, global periods, complex inclusive procedures and other challenges.
Being an experienced company with a good track record in podiatry revenue management, Outsource Strategies International (OSI) can help you handle your medical billing process smoothly. We understand the complex rules and guidelines which insurance companies follow to evaluate podiatry claims. While you focus on health care, we will help you receive the maximum reimbursement.
We also provide ICD-10 medical coding.
Medical Billing Services
At OSI, our podiatry billing specialists undertake all the necessary follow-ups for claims ranging from the first entry of the patient to the doctor’s office to the submission of claims.
- Enrollment into the system -Demographic information, Insurance information
- Verification -Insurance verifications, authorizations
- Billing and Reconciling of Accounts – Charge entry, Cash posting, Reconciliation
- Accounts Receivable Collections- Insurance collection, Patient collection, AR follow-up and collections
Why Partner with OSI?
- HIPAA-compliant service
- Improved collection ratio and productivity
- Timely and aggressive appeals processes for denials and incorrect claims
- Quick turnaround time
- Flexibility with using software
- Regular updates on coding compliance
- No initial costs or hidden fees
- Weekly or monthly reports
- 30 to 40% savings
- No yearly contracts
- 24×7 customer service on demand
Cost-effective Coding at OSI
Our coding and billing specialists are knowledgeable, and experienced in their field. Our AAPC-certified coders keep track of the updated codes to assure a higher average return per processed claim such as
- 28100 – Excision or curettage of bone cyst or benign tumor, talus or calcaneus
- 28490 – Closed treatment of fracture great toe, phalanx or phalanges; without manipulation
- 20553 – Injection(S), single to multiple trigger point(S), three or more muscle(S)
- 76881 – Ultrasound, extremity, nonvascular, real-time with image documentation, complete
We have excellent expertise and resources to handle the medical billing outsourcing requirements.