With various combinations of evaluation and management (E/M) services, different types of psychotherapy and interactive complexity, psychiatry medical coding is quite challenging. Understanding the level of complexity and adding the appropriate E/M codes along with add-on codes (if necessary) requires considerable expertise on the part of the medical coder. Knowing the distinctions between “counseling” and “therapy” is very important.
With a healthcare outsourcing company like Outsource Strategies International (OSI) to offer medical billing and coding support, psychiatric practices, individual psychiatrists, clinics, community mental health centers and hospitals providing psychiatric counseling and therapy can focus more on patient care. Our medical coding company works as an extension to your facility, reducing claim denials and maximizing reimbursement while keeping you in compliance with HIPAA, LMRP (Local Medical Review Policies) and CCI (Correct Coding Initiatives).
We offer 30% to 40% cost savings.
Call 1-800-670-2809 to speak to our solutions manager. Find a quality solution that can help enhance your practice revenue.
AAPC certified Proficient Coders – Our Major Asset
We have an efficient team of AAPC-certified coders proficient in the latest CPT, DSM-5, HCPCS and ICD-9 codes to ensure clean claims.
They know how to apply:
- Psychiatric therapeutic codes
- Psychiatry diagnostic codes
- Health behavior assessment and intervention codes
- HCPCS Level II codes standardized nationally and specific to state and insurers
They can report the following using the correct medical codes.
- Psychoanalysis, family therapy, group therapy and other psychotherapy procedures
- Psychiatric services including psychiatric evaluation, risk assessment, psychopharmacologic assessment and medication management
- Autism spectrum disorder, language disorder, somatic symptom disorder and other types of disorders (the correct ICD or DSM codes are assigned)
- Office visits (99201-99215) and consultations (99241-99255) (E/M codes)
Our coders choose E/M codes according to the actual time of service. DRG/ICD-9 and other codes are validated to ensure accuracy. They are up-to-date on the reimbursement policies of major private and government payers so as to assign the correct payer-specific codes. We are ICD-10 ready.
Ask for our Medical Coding Free Trial. Just send us your work (up to 10 charts) and let our coders code it for you free of cost.
Key Features of Our Service
- Use of advanced software for speedy code assignment
- Regular QA checking with readily available reports
- Customized TAT
- Encryption technology and firewalls for data protection
- 24/7 technical support if your project demands
- No long term yearly contracts
For queries about our psychiatry medical coding services, dial 1-800-670-2809 (toll-free).