A thoracic and cardiovascular surgeon will have to focus on the medical conditions of the heart and great vessels, diagnose the ailments in the lungs, esophagus, chest wall and mediastinum and provide the right treatment. Severity of healthcare reforms and the complexity of medical billing often result in thoracic and cardiovascular surgeons not receiving their due reimbursement. In the current healthcare scenario, traditional practice management standards cannot often keep up with the new requirements and practitioners have to streamline their medical billing process to ensure financial health.
Medical Billing Services
Our revenue cycle management specialists will help your practice enhance revenue while controlling expenses and holding on to strict compliance guidelines. Our services cover:
- Patient Enrollment – Demographic information, Insurance information
- Verification – Insurance verification, Insurance authorization
- Billing and Reconciling of Accounts – Charge entry, Cash posting, Reconciliation
- Accounts Receivable Collections – Insurance collection, Patient collection, Old AR follow-up and collections
Medical Coding Services
to Minimize Claim Denials
Our AAPC-certified coders are knowledgeable in all applicable ICD-9/ICD-10 and CPT codes for your specialty. They keep themselves updated on the periodic changes in the medical codes, changes in reimbursement rules, etc. The right codes are assigned to each procedure such as the following.
- 33366- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR/TAVI) with prosthetic valve; transapical exposure (eg, left thoracotomy)
- 3361- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR/TAVI) with prosthetic valve; percutaneous femoral artery approach
- 33362- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR/TAVI) with prosthetic valve; open femoral artery approach
- 32551–Tube thoracostomy, includes connection to drainage system (eg, water seal), when performed, open (separate procedure)
Minimize claim denials and enjoy maximum reimbursement with OSI as your outsourcing partner. Let us help you with ICD-10 coding!
What Makes Us Your Trusted Associate
Our team of specialists is knowledgeable in all latest technologies and advanced software, such as Medisoft, Practice Admin, AdvantX, eClinicalWorks, Advanced MD NextGen, IDX, Lytec, Eclipse, and Practice Admin. Our other benefits include:
- 24×7 customer service on demand
- HIPAA-compliant service
- Higher accuracy rate
- Dedicated employees on staff
- Strict confidentiality measures
- Flexibility in software usage
- QA in each department
- Audits activities on a daily basis
- Ability to process both electronic and paper file claims
- A project manager assigned for each client
- Weekly meetings and reports analysis
Call 1-800-670-2809 to find out how our medical billing services for thoracic and cardiovascular surgery can help improve your practice productivity and revenue. Check out our free trial offer.