SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Contest is an online activity awarding prizes that challenges SEO professionals and practitioners to rank among themselves among the major search engines Google, Yahoo and MSN using specific keyword(s).
Unfortunately these contests have been greatly criticized because of the massive link spamming and black hat SEO techniques used by the contestants. Another rule that fits well with the ‘purpose’ of SEO contests today is the obligation to ‘link back’ to the organizing body, which is often a search engine optimization site.
These are some of the well known online SEO contests;
- Schnitzelmitkartoffelsalat November 2002 (German)
- The nigritude ultramarine / May, 2004 ( held by Search Guild)
- “The four required words” sponsored by http://www.milliondollarscreenshot.com
- Hommingberger Gepardenforelle (German)
- SEO World Championship sponsored by : http://www.seoworldchampionship.com
Do call Outsource Strategies International (OSI) the Oklahoma based company that offers services in SEO, SEM, PPC advertising, and viral marketing globally.