Medical transcription companies offer transcription for a wide range of medical records including diagnostic details, physical reports, patient history, laboratory summaries, consultation notes, surgical summaries, test reports, referrals, follow-up letters, death summaries, X-ray reports and medical examination. Their services are available to all medical specialties including cardiology, orthopedics, pediatrics, internal medicine, gastroenterology, radiology, chiropractic and podiatry.
With the increase in demand for medical transcription services, there has also been an equally rapid growth in the number of medical transcription companies. A medical transcription company that provide excellent medical transcription services can help increase your productivity, reduce costs of operation, and improve your office efficiency.
Prior to selecting a medical transcription company, it is necessary to consider the following factors –
- Years of experience: The first feature to look for when selecting a medical transcription company is the amount of experience the transcription company has.
- Quick turnaround time: You want to ensure that you get efficient processing. Check the turnaround time the provider guarantees. Companies that are proficient should deliver all documents within 12-24 hours.
- 24 hour customer service: Make sure that the company you look for provides excellent customer service to you whenever you need it.
- Professionals at work: Ensure that the selected transcription company is a professional one. Also make sure that they have a good team of experts comprising experienced transcriptionists, proofreaders, editors and quality analysts, who have excellent knowledge in the medical field, especially in medical terminology that is used.
- Multi-level checks: All medical reports need to pass multilevel checks by professionals, in order to prevent errors.
- Flexibility of dictation options: Ensure that the company provides flexible dictation options convenient to the healthcare professionals.
- HIPAA compliance: Ensure that the transcription firms follow HIPAA norms and regulations, thus offering guaranteed security of patient‘s health related information and provide strict confidentiality of data.
Considering all these factors, try to choose a reputable company that has been offering quality services for medical practices.