A practicing physician has to spend most of his/her time on patient care. This means that there is hardly any time left to keep abreast of the various coding and billing regulations, familiarize oneself with the new HIPAA privacy and security standards, carry out the paperwork on individual patients and so on. Undoubtedly, medical practices need the service of certified and experienced coding and billing professionals to ensure streamlined functioning, error-free billing and coding, speedy reimbursements and minimum denials. By outsourcing the coding and billing jobs to dependable service providers, healthcare providers including private practices, individual physicians, clinics, hospitals, physician groups and others stand to benefit from cost-effective and timely physician billing services.
Go for a Medical Billing Company Specialized in Physician Billing
A medical billing firm with proven experience in this field usually has professionals well-versed in all billing and coding rules and periodic changes in these. Moreover, they are sensitive to all the issues a medical practice faces on a day by day basis. They manage your patient records flawlessly, give you regular feedback and keep your records ready for easy access any time you want. They would provide physician medical billing services for all major specialties including radiology, chiropractic, cardiology, pediatrics, family practice, gastroenterology, and more.
What Services Can You Request for?
You can request for a range of physicians’ medical billing services.
- Patient enrollment
- Insurance enrollment
- Insurance verification
- Insurance authorization
- Scheduling and rescheduling
- Billing and reconciling of accounts
- AR collections
With the medical billing company taking care of all these above processes and more, medical professionals can relax and concentrate on their core tasks.
Advantages of Outsourcing Your Billing Requirements
Outsourcing of these vital tasks guarantees attractive benefits for medical practices and related institutions. The reduced burden of paperwork and valuable time saved are the primary advantages. Add to that the following benefits:
- Revenue generation and improved efficiency
- Reduced overhead (30 to 40% below operational)
- Improved core business focus
- Complete security and confidentiality
- Speedy reimbursement
- Customized turnaround time
- Regular QA checking
- Regular feedback and reports
- HIPAA compliance standards
- 24/7 technical support
Ensure that You Approach a Good Medical Billing Company
While it is true that outsourcing is beneficial in terms of the above aspects, everything depends on the company you choose to partner with. Reliable providers offer free trials which will help you evaluate their service quality. Here are some important points to consider:
- Check if the company is HIPAA compliant
- Find out how experienced the company is in the field
- See who their clients are and what they say of the company
- Clearly understand all the benefits that you stand to receive
- Check out the quality of their work, accuracy and turnaround time with the free trial offer
- Make sure they have the necessary staff and the latest infrastructure
- Ensure that they have certified billers and coders working for them
Once you have satisfied yourself regarding all the above, request for the company’s physician billing services and benefit from improved productivity and profit.