Viral marketing refers to internet-based marketing or advertising techniques to increase product or service awareness. It is one of the most successful marketing campaigns found to achieve excellent customer base at a low cost. Good targeting with interesting and entertaining content will receive rapid response rate.
Principles of viral marketing lie in various customer centered basics such as:
- Promote products or services using certain powerful words in a marketer’s vocabulary like free, cheap, inexpensive, and so on.
- Provide an easy medium for effortless transfer of your message like website, e-mail, graphic and software download.
- Derive advantages from common human motivations such as transferring messages from one person to another, thus generating web traffic.
- Utilize every possible communication network in the Internet.
- Make use of other marketing resources like posting free articles and blogs in other web pages.
Viral marketing makes use of each and every strategy that encourages persons to pass on marketing messages between one another, thus developing the potential for exposure and influence of the message. With rapid multiplication of the message, it will succeed in spreading to thousands and millions all across the world.
There are numerous classic web-based e-mail service providers who give away viral marketing through free e-mail addresses and services. Rather than traditional campaigns, messages through the web reach more and more visitors quickly, similar to a biological virus.