Website assessment services are provided by professional SEO firms who have the required expertise to evaluate a website based on the objectives of the website’s business. The overall efficiency of a website will depend on how much has been achieved with regards to the traffic, sales conversions, revenue etc.
What are the basic questions one must ask at the outset? The questions include,
- Are the business objectives well achieved by the website?
- Are current visitors happy with the site?
- How fast do the pages load?
- How comfortable is it to browse / read?
- Are the forms/ applications etc optimally working?
Thus a professional site assessor will have to look into the following aspects of the site.
- Check the overall appearance and graphics
- Functionality assessment
- Marketing Presentation
- Internal/external link verifications
- Are pages crawled by the search engines
It is very essential to go into the details of each and every aspect; because some thing can get overlooked which may have a great impact on the total success of the website. Once an evaluation is made the SEO professional has to give a detailed report on the assessed website and also give the possible remedies and changes that have to be incorporated. An overall summary gives the actual current situation. A problem area report is very crucial and actually pinpoints and identifies the problem areas. A quotation of the cost of up gradation has to be communicated before execution of the work.
Outsource Strategies International (OSI) is a US based company that offers services in web assessment, search engine optimization, Internet marketing, content writing, website ranking, link building, PPC advertising and the like.