Get support from the best dental insurance verification company in the U.S.!
Outsource Strategies International (OSI) offers dental insurance verification and prior authorization services to dental offices in all 50 States. We understand that in the field of dentistry, verifying benefits for every patient before their appointment date is the key to keeping a smooth flow of revenue for the services you provide. Another essential operation for a dental practice is obtaining prior authorizations for specific codes such as crowns, SRP, and implants. Prior authorizations are imperative to give both the patient and the dentist the financial breakdown of the patient's portion, the insurance's portion, and the probable write-off amount. Let our team work on these components, freeing up your team to focus more on patient care!
With us, get your verifications 3 to 5 days ahead of schedule!
Let our team work on these components, freeing up your team to focus more on patient care!
At our dental billing company, our teams are very thorough with the information they obtain when calling for eligibility and benefits coverage. They apply that information, along with detailed notes, to each patient's chart within your system. This gives your staff adequate information on the patient's policy to relay onto the patients, themselves, if any questions should arise during their office visit. We can verify benefits by both calling the insurance carriers directly and/or by accessing the insurance web portals.
30 to 40% cost savings! Contact us at 1-800-670-2809!
Examples of what we verify include, but are not limited to:
- Effective coverage dates
- Waiting periods
- Maximums and deductibles
- Treatment history
- Benefits used to date
- Type of plan and fee schedule
- Verify claim submission information (address, phone number, payor ID etc.)
- Coverage percentage by category
- Implant and Orthodontic coverages
- Frequencies, limitations, and exclusions
- Missing tooth clause
- Any specified codes requested by your office
Our teams can work during your normal business hours and are always available for any questions or concerns that may pop up throughout the day.
We offer a few different pricing models to choose from for our services, which are both comprehensive and completely customizable to your specific practice needs. Our piece rate model allows you to pay per verification, whereas our FTE model is just like hiring a full-time employee through us without the extra costs associated with an in-house employee!
Comprehensive Dental Eligibility Verification Services
Our comprehensive and affordable dental eligibility verification services are available for:
- General Dentists
- Oral Surgeons
- Pediatric Dentists
As an experienced dental verification company, we ensure code specific verification that gives you the necessary information concerning not only regular co-payments, deductibles etc., but also benefit coverage and limitations for specific codes and procedures.
Outsourcing dental back office duties: The ultimate time-saving tool
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
L. Doran, CPC
Our Service Benefits
Our verification experts work side by side with your office staff to bring you the following benefits:
A dedicated team and project manager
Customized turnaround times to suit your practice needs
We can handle emergency STAT requests as well as quick add-ons
We can work both peak and off-peak hours
Customize questionnaires for your practice
System-based eligibility checking. We can work on your system
No set up fees, training costs, or any other hidden fees
Discounts for higher volume
Ongoing QA and reports are always available. Recorded Calls for QA
No long-term agreements or contracts
Gather authorizations and get pre-certifications
No client is too small for us
Read Our Blogs
Root canal treatment, also known as endodontic therapy, is required when infection or inflammation …
Holidays are a great time for get togethers, parties, fun and mainly favorite meals and a sugary diet …
Steps to Ease the Dental Insurance Verification Process
PODCAST by Amber Darst: Dental Insurance Coordinator | Practice and Revenue Cycle Management: Healthcare Division
Hi, this is Amber Darst, Dental Coordinator for Managed Outsource Solutions.
I’ll be talking with you a bit today on the Steps to Ease the Dental Eligibility Verification Process. The office staff at dental practices can get spread pretty thin at times. Patients are coming in, patients are leaving, the phone’s ringing, someone needs to pay their bill. There can be a lot to handle all at once. Then, there is the task of handling the dental insurance verifications. Obtaining these verifications prior to the patient’s appointments are crucial when you are looking to keep a steady, problem-free cash flow. But making sure that these are completed for every insured patient can be quite the headache and very time consuming with all of those other tasks taking up the greater portion of your day.
Here are just a few issues that a dental practice’s front office has to deal with when it comes to verifying benefits.
- The length of time involved in making calls to the insurance companies for benefit verifications for both new and existing patients. Sometimes you can get stuck on hold for long periods of times just trying to verify one patient’s coverage and that can be very frustrating.
- Also, frequent insurance plan changes by employers. These changes happen often and when it does, it leads to an increased number of phone calls that need to be made to obtain all the new coverage details
- Another issue is the risk of insurance misinformation by the insurance rep. You only know what they tell you and sometimes they are not accurate and that’s also very frustrating. You have to be very thorough with the questions that you are asking them to make sure that what you are getting is precise information and up to date information.
- Then there is the amount of time involved in updating the insurance information and possibly even a new fee schedule in the system. So you are now having to take all of this new information and plug it into all the proper places, and that’s for each and every time that an insurance plan changes.So, verifying coverage and benefits is not only important for the practice but it’s also important for the patients as well. They are relying on their insurance plans to help pay for their treatment and they like to know what to expect, what would be their portion of payment before the time they need to come in for the treatment. Here are some tips to help practices streamline their eligibility verification process.
- Set up an insurance file for each patient:Each patient should have their own insurance file with all of the relevant details entered into it. The insurance information should be obtained during the initial call or most definitely before the point of service. Returning patients should be asked if their insurance has changed, and if it has, new coverage and benefits should be verified. Verifying dental eligibility in advance saves time and allows the practitioner to provide the patient with a cost estimate before they visit.
- Calling the insurance company: When you call them directly, it gives you a window of opportunities to ask more questions and obtain accurate and up-to-date information on patient’s benefits. Like I was saying earlier, you really need to be thorough with these questions that you ask to ensure that the information you are being given is precise.
- Document all coverage details: All aspects should be verified and documented such as: the patient’s name, the policy holder’s name and Social Security number, as well as insurance information that you would find on the insurance card. A few coverage aspects to verify include: the percentage by category, frequencies and limitations.
- Communicate to the patients in advance about what’s covered:
Most patients don’t understand their coverage and benefits. Educate them and inform them about the details of the dental service that will be provided during their visit, what the insurance will cover, and what their portion will be as far as payment goes. This helps to avoid the problem of surprise bills. Nobody likes that.
- Also, inform the patient about the claim processing guidelines: Let them know you will be following the service with their insurance, but there is no guarantee of payment. Ensure them that you will be submitting everything to support payment, but it is ultimately up to the insurance carrier to approve the service and pay towards it.So, managing insurance benefits and patient expectations is not easy. Practices have to deal with a large number of insurance plans that are constantly changing. Following the above-mentioned steps can help practitioners effectively manage the insurance process, improve cash flow, and grow patient satisfaction. Outsourcing the patient eligibility verification task to a reliable company can help alleviate the stress and time it takes to get this process accomplished.
I hope this helps, but always remember that documentation and a thorough knowledge of pay regulations and guidelines is critical to ensure accurate reimbursement for the procedures performed.
Thanks for listening in!
As one of the dental insurance verification companies, our main objective is to consistently provide you with precise insurance verifications, accurate estimates for your patients, and help them maximize their insurance. At OSI, we combine the expertise of our insurance eligibility verification experts and state-of-the-art software technology to ensure customized and dedicated dental insurance verification service.
Make sure your claims are not among the 75% dental insurance claims that have reimbursement issues because of incorrect assessment of dental insurance eligibility. Let the experts here at OSI handle all your dental insurance verification and precertification needs. We want to take as much "back office work" off your hands as possible!
Call us now at 1-800-670-2809 and ask for a free trial!