Dermatology Medical Coding
With varying payer-specific guidelines and public scrutiny of specialty reimbursement, accurate dermatology medical coding is imperative for dermatologists to ensure proper payment for the procedures they perform. Outsource Strategies International (OSI) has a dedicated and competent team that consistently endeavors to provide quality and timely dermatology coding services that help dermatologists file clean claims and gain maximum reimbursement while ensuring patient satisfaction.
Our HIPAA-compliant medical coding company can provide professional support for solo and group practices, hospitals, skin care facilities and surgical centers. Your practices can reduce 30% to 40% of overhead expenses with our services, reduce your workload, increase productivity and enhance the overall revenue.
Call us at (800) 670-2809 to benefit from solutions that best suit your practice.
Try our no hassle Free Coding Trial. Send us up to 10 charts and let our coders code them for you absolutely free of cost.
Service Features that Distinguish OSI
- Our medical coders are certified by the AAPC and well-versed in the ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS Level II codes, skin disease processes, and pharmacology.
- Professionals at OSI are knowledgeable and experienced. They can assign the correct diagnostic codes for hidradenitis, hemangioma, scars and other skin conditions. Surgical procedures such as debridement, lesion excisions, flaps, and Mohs micrographic surgery are correctly coded using accurate procedural codes.
- We strictly adhere to the rules and regulations set by the AMA and the CMS.
- We have a clear understanding of the reimbursement policies of all major government insurances such as Medicare, Medicaid, and Workers’ Compensation as well as those of private insurers.
- We can provide coding from multiple documents including chart notes, encounter forms, charge sheets, and transcriptions.
- Each project is assigned a project manager who conducts weekly meetings and goes over reports and analysis.
- We use advanced software including EncoderPro, FLashcode and CodeLink to enhance coding speed.
- We are flexible and can work on your current billing software or use our own (web-based with EMR).
Quality Services We Offer
Our professionals read and abstract physician office notes and procedures to assign the correct codes and modifiers, and file claims avoiding bundling or unbundling issues. We ensure timely reimbursement for each of our clients and follow up promptly on claim delays and denials. Here are our services.
- Hospital/inpatient coding
- Dermatology coding audits
- ICD-9/ICD-10 coding based on AMA and CMS guidelines
- Repair coding
- E/M services
- Modifier overview
- Destruction code and proper modifier
- Dermatopathology coding
- Payer specific coding
- Regular QA checking
- Daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Customized TAT (hours to days)
- 24/7 customer support
- No long term yearly contracts