Emergency Room Medical Coding
Outsource Strategies International (OSI) clearly understands the challenges associated with emergency room medical coding including uncertain diagnosis, original treatment plan not carried out, and complications of surgery all of which make documentation very tough. To help ER physicians strike the right balance between their administrative and patient care responsibilities, we offer value-added coding solutions. We focus on reducing claim delays and denials and ensure timely payment from government as well as private payers.
Our HIPAA-compliant medical coding services are available to emergency departments within hospitals, clinics, short-term, long-term and acute care facilities. With our services you receive 30% to 40% valuable cost savings.
Call (800) 670-2809 to request for our customized solutions as per your practice needs.
Ask for our Free Medical Coding Trial. Tell us the output formats and other details of your preference and send us up to 10 charts. We will return them within the desired turnaround so that you can check out our service quality and timeliness.
Streamlined, Comprehensive Coding Services
At OSI, we have an experienced and skilled team of AAPC-certified coders proficient in assigning CPT, ICD-9 and HCPCS codes. We also provide ICD-10 coding services, and are well-versed in the reimbursement policies of major insurances such as Medicare, Medicaid, and Workers’ Compensation.
- Our medical coders are proficient in a broad range of diagnoses. They are knowledgeable regarding the difference in how hospitals and physicians have to bill for an ED visit. Hospitals need to bill for an ED visit using APCs (Ambulatory Payment Classification) under the OPPS (Outpatient Prospective Payment System). Physicians have to bill the same visit under the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule. The facility can bill for a separate payment than the physician.
- OSI coders assign the right codes for ED procedures such as laceration repairs, EKG monitoring, splinting, CPR and others and are knowledgeable in the use of appropriate modifiers as well. Our medical coders will also use the right ambulatory payment classification and status codes, all of which ensure that our clients receive the due reimbursement.
- Coding speed and accuracy are improved by utilizing advanced software including EncoderPro, FLashcode and CodeLink without compromising quality.
Major Advantages with OSI
- Regular QA checking with readily available reports (daily, monthly and weekly)
- Customized turnaround time ranging from days to hours
- Support for strict data confidentiality (encryption, firewall and anti-virus software)
- 24/7 technical assistance according to project requirements
- No long term yearly contracts