Medical records contain valuable information about a patient’s medical history. Accurate coding is essential for claims submitted to third party payers, as inaccurate codes can misrepresent the care of the patient, impede studies to improve patient care and can result in loss of revenue for your practice. Medicare, Medicaid, and other health insurance programs use HCPCS codes (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System) to ensure that insurance claims are processed in an orderly and consistent manner. Outsource Strategies International (OSI), a leading medical billing and coding company in the U.S, offers accurate coding services for a wide range of medical specialties. We provide CPT / HCPCS coding services for surgery, lab and other tests based on the guidelines of AMA and CMS.
The Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System is used to report hospital outpatient procedures and physician services including medical, surgical and diagnostic services.
This HCPCS Coding System Is Crucial For:
- Physician reimbursement
- Hospital payments
- Quality review
- Benchmarking measurement
Established in 1978, the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System was developed by the CMS to meet the needs of the federal Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement programs.
This standardized coding system has two levels:
- Level I consists of the American Medical Association’s Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and is numeric
- Level II codes are alphanumeric and primarily include non-physician services such as ambulance services and prosthetic devices, not covered by CPT-4 codes (Level I)
Proven, Consistent and Accurate Medical Coding Services
Our experienced and highly trained coding experts are all certified through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) – the gold standard for medical coding.
All CPT codes are HCPCS codes, but not all HCPCS codes are CPT codes. Our trained medical coders know the difference between the two and can provide error-free codes, resulting in maximum reimbursement. Well educated on all coding guidelines and payer regulations, they are skilled in providing accurate and efficient coding for all major medical specialties including Cardiology, Radiology, Neurology, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Pathology and Oncology.
The OSI Advantage
- More clean claims and fewer denials
- Strict adherence to HIPAA norms and HL7 regulations
- Refined technologies to ensure that your claims are clean before submission
- Strict quality control and error avoiding measures
- Access to certified coding professionals
We look forward to hearing from you and working with you.