Of all the components of procedure code application, those pertaining to surgery are the most challenging. Global surgical package, use of modifiers such as surgeon role modifiers and same day surgical procedure modifiers, approach used, bilateral and separate procedures and bundling are some of the issues that arise in surgical medical coding. With extensive industry experience, Outsource Strategies International (OSI) can help you handle these challenges and code effectively to achieve maximum reimbursement for pre-operative, intra-operative and postoperative care.
We provide accurate and timely surgery medical coding services for all surgical specialties including general, cardiothoracic, colon and rectal, gynecology and obstetrics, neurological, gynecologic oncology, ophthalmic, oral and maxillofacial, orthopedic otorhinolaryngology, pediatric, urology, vascular and plastic surgery.
Our HIPAA compliant medical coding company understands the reimbursement rules of government and private insurers. We are well aware that coding guidelines and payment rules may change but that there is no room for complacency when it comes to this area. We can meet the requirements of surgeons, free-standing facilities, provider-based facilities, hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers.
Call our toll free number 1-800-670-2809 and request a Free Trial. Send us up to 10 charts and we will code them for FREE.
Our AAPC-certified coders apply the appropriate CPT, ICD-9 and HCPCS codes for all surgical care. They can
- Report breast and liver biopsies, colorectal, gall bladder, appendix, thyroid and other kinds of surgeries, open and closed treatment of fractures with appropriate CPT codes
- Assign correct HCPCS codes for unlisted procedures (G-codes) and bulking agent for injection
- Apply appropriate ICD codes for burns, injuries, fractures, appendicitis, neoplasm and other disorders
- Use the most appropriate Place of Service (POS) codes
- Add surgeon role modifiers, same day surgical procedure modifiers (for example, 22, 50), global surgery modifiers (58, 78, 79) appropriately
- Enhanced quality with frequent audits of codes and charges, regular QA checks with feedback and weekly meetings
- Improved efficiency with the use of advanced software for code assignment
- Affordable pricing with 30% to 40% savings on your operational costs
- No long-term yearly contracts
To discuss your surgery medical coding concerns with our solutions manager, call 1-800-670-2809 today.