General Surgery Medical Billing
General surgery is a vast field of healthcare which covers multiple sub-specialties, and the associated billing for this specialty can be quite challenging. Outsource Strategies International (OSI) is a reliable outsourcing firm assisting healthcare providers with comprehensive general surgery medical billing solutions.
We provide accurate services and thereby ensure maximum reimbursement for your surgery procedures while minimizing payment delays and claim rejections. More importantly, we take the necessary steps to keep up with the changing healthcare demands and help your practice grow.
Comprehensive Medical Billing Services
We are experienced in offering medical billing and coding support for individual physicians, physician groups, free standing diagnostic facilities, multi-specialty groups, clinics, long-term care facilities, acute care facilities, and hospitals. We create, submit, follow-up and post surgery medical claims within the same day. Our medical billing services for general surgery practice cover:
- Charge entry on a daily basis
- Review of all charges for completeness and accuracy
- ERA and EOB payment posting on a daily basis
- Double checking of claims and claims scrubbing before submission
- Identification and handling of secondary balances and patient responsibility
- Comprehensive claim and AR follow-up
- Special focus on denied claims
You can decide between your own billing software or our advanced software supporting packages such as Enterprise Suite, Practice Manager, AR Interactive, Global Paperless System and Clinical Manager.
Our claim scrubbing process verifies and validates all patient information, CPT/ICD 10, HCPCS code combinations, instantly checks the codes against National Correct Coding Initiatives (CCI) edits, Medically Unlikely Edits (MUEs), and frequency allowances.
Our Team of Specialists
At OSI, our AAPC-certified coders at our medical billing company are up to date on the latest CPT and ICD-10 codes for various surgical procedures. We can correctly identify the codes for simple procedures as well as complex ones, for instance:
- CPT 28820 – Amputation toe; metatarscphalangeal joint
- CPT 60240 – Thyroidectomy total or complete
- CPT 15271-15278 – Skin replacement surgery subsection
- CPT 15777 – Bilateral breast procedures
- CPT 37619 – ligation of inferior vena cava
Our coders are also trained in maintaining these coding assignments with ICD-10 codes.
Benefits at OSI
- Reduced insurance errors
- Maximum reimbursement and minimal denials
- Reduced operational costs with savings of 30-40%
- HIPAA compliance
- Regular QA checks
- Customized weekly and monthly reports
- 24/7 technical assistance
- No hidden cost or start up fees
- No long-term yearly contracts
To find out how our medical billing services can improve your general surgery practice revenue, contact us today!