Simplify Your Practice and Maximize Revenue
Complete Revenue Cycle Management for
Medical & Dental Clinics, Practices and Hospitals
- Shared Vision: Your Business is our Business
- Cloud Based Billing Software or Work on Yours
- Certified Coders: ICD 10 Coders
- Real Support with Dedicated Managers
Send files of any type or size to us. Login not required.
Tune in for the best medical billing and coding podcasts.
Call us to learn more about our medical billing and coding services.
General Surgery Medical Coding
The field of general surgery covers a wide spectrum of diseases, operations and procedures, which makes general surgery medical coding quite complex. Proper understanding of different payer rules and documentation requirements is also crucial to get paid. As an experienced general surgery medical coding company, Outsource Strategies International (OSI) can help you overcome these challenges and maximize reimbursement. We provide customized medical billing and coding solutions for surgical practices, hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers.
Our competitively priced medical coding services can save as much as 30-40% on your overhead costs.
Send us up to 10 charts and get a Free Trial.
Highlights of Our General Surgery Coding Services
We are well-equipped with a dedicated team of experienced and skilled AAPC certified coders and all the resources necessary to ensure accurate medical coding. Our team is knowledgeable about and up to date on:
- The latest CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCS Level II codes specific to general surgery and proficient in selection of E/M codes
- The correct codes for common and complex general surgery procedures, including breast, endoscopy, colorectal, bariatric, trauma, gall bladder, liver, hernia, and more.
- How to use modifiers accurately when required and their impact on reimbursement
- Reporting and getting payment for unlisted procedures
- Reporting co-surgeon and assistant surgeon modifiers
- What is included in the global package and what can be reported separately
- Emergency room e-code evaluation
- MS-DRG selection based on ICD-10 codes
- Current reimbursement policies of major insurance carriers including Medicare, Medicaid, Worker’s Compensation, Aetna, Oxford, United, HIP, GHI and BCBS
- Using advanced software such as EncoderPro, FLashcode and CodeLink for speedy coding
Whether common or complicated surgical procedures, or bilateral surgeries and multiple surgical procedures performed the same day, our proficient team can competently code your claims for optimal reimbursement.
Our comprehensive suite of services covers every step of claim submission and reimbursement, and is designed to protect against OIG inspections and RAC audits. The key benefits of partnering with us include:
- Stringent QA
- Daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Customized TAT (hours to days)
- 24/7 customer service as per project requirements
- No long-term yearly contracts