Accurate medical billing plays a key role in getting paid for your services. The billing process can be quite challenging for chiropractic treatments due to the constant changes in medical billing and coding regulations, and insurance rules and regulations.
Chiropractors encounter several challenges in the billing process, such as managing the billing system, maintaining accounts receivable, adequately training coding and billing staff, accurately assigning ICD, CPT, and HCPCS codes on claims, conducting coding audits, and more. To overcome these challenges and prevent payment delays and denials caused by billing errors, chiropractors can outsource their billing and coding tasks to a proficient chiropractic billing company.
Benefits of Outsourcing Chiropractic Medical Billing
Accurate claim submission
- avoid claim submission mistakes
- optimize collections
- increase practice cash flow
Get on-time reimbursement
- avoid payment delays
- get reimbursed correctly
Insurance verification support
- ensures that the patient is covered
- verifies all key details including co-pays and deductibles
Improve practice workflow
- chiropractors can focus on patient care
- expert team to handle administrative tasks
Improve billing compliance
- practices can enjoy peace of mind
Better AR management
- accelerate practice cash flow
- minimize accounts receivable (AR) days
- ensure that all submitted claims are getting paid
- denied claims are sorted out for further processing
With support from experienced providers of chiropractic billing services, chiropractic practices can ease their tedious administrative duties and prevent delays in receiving reimbursement. Professional billing specialists will have in-depth knowledge of how claim submission and reimbursement systems function as well as the billing requirements of insurance companies, which is crucial for error-free, timely claim submission.
An expert team handling claim denials will identify the real reason for the denial, and initiate the claims appeal process, which provides an opportunity for physicians to get back lost revenue.