Chiropractic care is widely recognized as a safe and non-invasive method for addressing neuro-muscular conditions. It serves as an alternative approach to alleviate pain in muscles, joints, bones, as well as connective tissues such as ligaments, cartilage, and tendons. In certain instances, chiropractic treatment may be combined with other conventional therapies to optimize outcomes. Recent changes in Medicare and private payer insurance requirements and regulations have added complexity to chiropractic medical billing and coding. To ensure accurate claims, minimize claim denials, and receive proper reimbursement, chiropractors must update their billing workflows.
In this blog, we discuss the ICD-10 codes for some common conditions that chiropractors treat.
ICD-10 Codes for Common Chiropractic Disorders
- M77.1 Lateral epicondylitis
- M77.10 …… unspecified elbow
- M77.11 …… right elbow
- M77.12 …… left elbow
- G43 Migraine
- G43.0 Migraine without aura
- G43.1 Migraine with aura
- G43.4 Hemiplegic migraine
- G43.5 Persistent migraine aura without cerebral infarction
- G43.6 Persistent migraine aura with cerebral infarction
- G43.7 Chronic migraine without aura
- G43.9 Migraine, unspecified
- M41 Scoliosis
- M41.0 Infantile idiopathic scoliosis
- M41.1 Juvenile and adolescent idiopathic scoliosis
- M41.2 Other idiopathic scoliosis
- M41.3 Thoracogenic scoliosis
- M41.4 Neuromuscular scoliosis
- M41.5 Other secondary scoliosis
- M41.8 Other forms of scoliosis
- M41.9 Scoliosis, unspecified
- M79.7 Fibromyalgia
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
- G56.0 Carpal tunnel syndrome
Chiropractors need to assign the specific ICD-10 diagnosis codes for the various conditions they treat. Partnering with a professional medical billing and coding company specializing in chiropractic billing can ensure correct code assignment and timely and accurate claim for optimal reimbursement.
Looking to simplify your chiropractic billing?
Reach out to our expert team. Contact us at(800) 670 2809