Maximize Profitability & Efficiency by Outsourcing Your Dental Billing
Keeping your practice running smoothly is what we do. As a leading dental billing company, we work hard so you can continue to provide excellence in dentistry and not worry about cash flow.
Dental billing is challenging because there are frequent changes in payer policies and fee schedules. OSI is one of the nation’s premier dental billing companies and provides a complete suite of outsourced dental billing services to support you with claim submissions and thus help you run your dental practice efficiently.
Our dental billing experts have years of experience working with large and small dental offices. They stay on top of insurance regulations and payer policies to help practices ensure dental billing compliance, streamline revenue cycle management, and receive timely and optimal reimbursement.
Our End-to-End Dental Billing Services
Our comprehensive dental billing services cover everything from patient scheduling and insurance verification to billing, payment collections, and accounts receivable management.
Outsourcing dental billing to OSI will save you the costs of having an in-house team to manage these tasks, while freeing up your front desk to handle patient concerns.
Dental billing outsourcing streamlines your patient enrolment process. Our team can handle the enrolment of new and existing patients. We will check details of the demographics including insurance information and confirm all required information has been captured.
When outsourcing your appointment scheduling, our team can handle your follow-up appointments, re-scheduling and make sure your dental office can focus on what needs to be focused on. With the outsourced team’s working knowledge of dentistry and dental treatment procedures we can work on your practice management system and build and sequence an effective and productive schedule.
Failing to check patient eligibility is one of the main reasons for dental claims denial. Outsourcing insurance verification or eligibility checks and getting your procedures authorized before the patient is seen will ensure that you are reimbursed quickly. Our verification checklist is extensive and customizable.
We can gather verifications for everything from
- The dates for which the coverage is effective
- The dental codes for the procedure to be performed
- The waiting period which may be required for certain procedures to ensure they are covered
- The type of plan and the fee schedules
- Maximums and deductibles
- Necessary documentation
- Last date of service
- Information for claim submission: phone number, address, payer ID, and fax number
- Coverage percentage by category
- Coverage for tooth implant / tooth grafting / crowns, cleanings and build-ups
- Frequencies for panoramic and full mouth x-rays
- Missing tooth clause
- And much more!
Accounts Receivable Management
Accounts receivable (AR) or the money owed to your practice is a key indicator of its performance. Unresolved claims hold up your cash flow and keeping track of AR is crucial to understand how your dental billing and AR management is working. Outsourcing dental billing services to OSI allows you to expand your business while we focus on managing your dental billing and accounts receivable.
OSI’s proactive support to improve your collections includes the following:
- Accurate eligibility verifications
- Translating dental services into proper billable codes
- Our team has extensive coding knowledge related to CDT, CPT & ICD-10 code changes
- Code accuracy review
- Reduce codes to reduce risk of fraud
We will help you implement a system so that claims are followed up in a timely manner and you get paid.
- Reviewing claims for accuracy before submission
- Clean claim check
- 30-day claim follow up
- Reviewing reasons for denial/rejection/low payments
- Patient balance follow-up
- Daily AR review
Filing and Processing Insurance Claims
Insurance companies vary in terms of the information they want and claim submission requirements. We stay ahead of trends, codes, and dental claims submission and billing rules. Our end- to-end HIPAA-compliant outsourced services assure optimization of billing operations, claims processing, and denials management.
Let Us Handle your Dental Billing Tasks
Focus on what’s most important – patient care.
Benefits of Outsourcing Dental Billing to OSI
- Dedicated dental billing manager
- Will save more money than hiring your own billers
- Month-to-month contracts. We believe in earning your business
- We have comprehensive knowledge of various dental insurances
- Get your verifications done 5 days ahead
- We are experts; we will reduce rejections and denial rates
- Supports coding and billing to meet the latest guidelines
- Increases collections with proper AR management
- Ensures insurance expertise and proper communication with payer
- Have your office staff focus on patient care and growing your business
- We can obtain medical necessity for things such as oral appliance therapy
- We will assign a dedicated project manager for each client
- Quick communication by email, as well as phone calls
- Our team can follow up with patients for payment collection
- AR follow-up protocol is set for the first follow-up to occur on the 30th day
- We will work on your Dental Software as an extension to your practice
- With us, you only pay for the work or the patient load that you carry
How Does Dental Billing Outsourcing Work?
We understand that outsourcing dental billing can be a little scary. We want you to know that we try to make it as simple as possible. How do we do it?
After identifying problem areas and challenges of your practice, we will devise an effective plan to improve them. A sound strategic plan is essential to achieve success.
We will present the plan to you. Discussing the plan and getting your input on it is essential to determine if we have covered all the areas of concern.
See What Our Customers Say
Dental Billing FAQs
Is support available for all dental specialties?
We have extensive knowledge of dental insurances including Aetna, Cigna, Delta Dental, MetLife etc.
Why should I outsource my dental billing tasks to OSI?
- Fast turnaround time
- Customized billing solutions
- QA in all departments
- 30 to 40% cost savings
- No long-term yearly contracts
Can you work on my system software?
Yes, we can. Our team can work directly on your software.
Are there any long-term contracts?
What is outsourced dental billing?
OSI can support your practice in diverse aspects ranging from dental insurance verification to dental billing, and insurance credentialing.
Dealing with insurance companies and facing claim denials are undeniably a few of the most exasperating facets of the dental field. Managing dental insurance billing becomes quite challenging and tedious, particularly when claims are either delayed or outright denied....
Dental eligibility verification is the essential process of confirming a patient's eligibility for dental insurance benefits. This involves verifying the status of their coverage, including active policies and any necessary prior authorizations for a wide range of...
A dental practice is a business like any other, meaning that you need to pay attention to your bottom line as you focus on your main goal of providing high quality care. It's necessary to generate adequate revenue and profits to build a successful dental practice and...